Thursday, May 31, 2007

Parking For My Long Rig

"Miracles happen to those who believe in them." ~Bernard Berenson

I thought I'd post a photo of my van-camper combo because people have to visualize what I will need parking space for. The total length is about 32 feet.

The camper is slightly longer than the van, although it doesn't look like it in this photo. The scooter is off the back-end so you can't see it here. I can commute at speeds up to 45 mph, preferably on city streets with my 125cc scooter - handy if your parking is down the road from your brewery.

The lengths are:

Chevy Astro Van: 13.5 feet
"Big Buddy" camper: 15 feet
Scooter Rack: 3 feet
= about 31.5 feet, rounded up to 32 feet total

Additionally, access to a hot shower would be fabulous and most appreciated. An outside electrical outlet for my extension cord, and a computer wireless (or ethernet) connection would add to my amazement. (Think positive!)

A big Thank You to all the brewers who responded to my post and have invited me to visit them. I will be working to fit you in. If you don't hear from me soon, feel free to email me again. I plan to email everyone a reply, but I'd hate for your email to fall through the cracks. Cheers!

No comments: