Friday, October 26, 2007

Drive to Salt Lake City, UT

"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." ~Sir Winston Churchill

October 16: A very long driving day. It took me almost 11 hours to drive from Denver to Salt Lake City. It was uphill to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Then west across a snow-covered high desert landscape. Freakin' cold out there. Winter is here!

The sun was shining but the fresh snow proved that I made the right choice to not drive yesterday. The sun was definitely not shining up here yesterday. I took the above photo at a rest stop along some continental divide (those things are everywhere in the Rockies). Big Buddy and the Astro Van (my 28.5 foot "rig") look like toys next to that semi-truck.
Hwy 80 across Wyoming is long and boring and windy. I was surprised at the severe lack of windmills. I snapped the photo above either before or after Salt Lake City. I thought Wyoming needed more of these things.

Pulled into Unita Brewing Company's parking lot at 7:40 pm, just after the restaurant staff had gone home for the day. It was dark and Unita was in an industrial neighborhood. Luckily I had the turkey and roast beef on rye sandwich that my sister made for me. I had it for dinner with a juice box. Fine dining in Big Buddy!

No comments: