Monday, August 6, 2007

Hello from New England

"When you see someone putting on big boots, you can be pretty sure that an adventure is going to happen" ~Winnie the Pooh

The above quote is posted on the wall in Paul Sayler's fermentation room at his Flatbread Pizza/Zero Gravity Brewing Company in Burlington, Vermont.

Sorry I am a bit behind on the blog, but sometimes I just need to rest and relax and read a good book and not go 70 miles an hour. I have been busy in Burlington where my trailer, Big Buddy, is safely parked in Greg Noonan's yard. Tomorrow I fly to Oregon for a week, and Greg will safeguard Big Buddy in my absence.

I am happy to report that I have been working hard at updating my website http://www.terifahrendorf.com/. There are now links to many of the brewing articles I've written over the years. If you have a hankering to see the Two Beer Recipes I've created/collaborated on with two breweries I've visited this summer, or if you want to learn more about Efficient Grain Handling, or about Jockeyboxes, or about brewing tools like the Mash Hoe or the Brew Clock, or if you need a Brewlog Template, or you want to read about the horrific burn accident I suffered at my first paid brewing job, or you're curious about what's on my resume, or whether or not your local female brewer is listed in the Pink Boots Society, please check out my website for those handy articles and more.

Tomorrow I fly to Eugene to attend the MBAA Hop Symposium in nearby Corvallis, Oregon. There's no really fast way to fly from Burlington to Eugene, so I think I'll have plenty of airport time in Chicago and Portland to work on my blog.

Besides, Greg and I have to eat lobster and drink really good beer tonight, so I can't guaranty the next post will be tonight.

Thanks for tuning in and I'll have more to report soon.

P.S. If you are a brewer at a brewery that I will be visiting on my trip, and you want me to come up with a formula for a beer for you, just ask. It's collaborative and it's free!

No comments: