Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Day Off

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else." ~Judy Garland

Sunday, August 5: I was planning to blog a lot today, but I updated my website at http://www.terifahrendorf.com/ instead. I also re-packed mixed 6-packs and read a book and relaxed. It was a fabulous wickedly windy day. The pine tree branches scraped across the top of the trailer and made it sound like I was inside a big washing machine being tumbled with beaded necklaces.

That evening Wyeast co-owner, Dave Logsdon, visited Greg as Dave was in town to speak at the American Cheese Association's national conference. Later, Greg took us to dinner at a nice Thai restaurant in Burlington called Tantra. They stayed up late tasting some of the beers I brought for Greg, but I went to bed.

Photo above: The trip is going by so fast, it's almost a blur. I am almost half-way into the trip. I left on June 4 and plan to get home about Halloween. In driving miles I am also about half-way there.

Thank you to my host with the most, Greg Noonan, who has let me park Big Buddy in the yard his home, hook up to his electrical, and use his wireless Internet connection.

The nine blog posts that I wrote and uploaded on August 15 were all done in my portable office beneath my bunkbed in Big Buddy in Greg's yard. Some of them I wrote on the plane and in airports but then uploaded from Big Buddy. There are now 80 separate posts on my blog, and I estimate that they each take me about two hours to write, edit, attach photos and post to the Internet. Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them. Cheers!

No comments: